Eaton EX Tower UPS
Uninterruptible Power Supply
Sorry, this product is no longer available. Accessories can be found below. Please contact us for a replacement.
The Eaton EX UPS delivers high-performance power protection for mid-range servers, storage devices, networking gear, telephony equipment, medical devices and other sensitive electronic equipment requiring continuous, clean power. Complementing this UPS's superior level of protection is a low total cost of ownership and a broad range of high-availability features that combine to make the EX among the best in its class.
Eaton EX - Features
- Double Conversion UPS technology for 100% compatibility with any application, environment or genset and high output to protect equipment with PFC power supplies
- Wide input voltage window to conserve battery time for blackouts only
- Automatic by-pass for high availability
- Extended runtime capabilities with multiple, hot-swappable battery modules (optional)
- Remote reboot of locked equipment, sequential start-up through individually switchable outlets
- Works with the Intelligent Power Software Suite, which offers free monitoring, management and shutdown software ideal for protecting physical and virtual machines
- Eaton® EX UPS—online, double- conversion UPS with automatic bypass for fault-tolerance
- Continuous power with hot swappable batteries—the optional HotSwap Maintenance Bypass (MBP) module allows the UPS to be replaced without interrupting the power supply
- Load segments—load shedding capability and backup time maximization, as well as remote reboot and sequential startup
- Long backup times—add up to four EXB battery modules to the EX (1000 VA models and above)
The EX provides unmatched flexibility.
- Form factor—the EX is available in tower or convertible rack/tower models, optimized for telecom racks with short depth
- Connections—easily add more outlets with the FlexPDU and HotSwap MBP; these optional PDUs can be mounted behind, on the side or on top of the rack/tower UPS models
- Interfaces—USB, serial RS232, remote On/Off and a slot for an optional communications card (Ethernet, ModBus or status)
- Multilingual LCD provides access to a wide range of measurements and setup menus
- Remote supervision—the EX comes with a free five-node version of Enterprise Power Manager for network-based supervision and asset management
- Network-based modules for power management of servers (Windows, Linux, MacOS) or small blade servers (VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- NetWatch 5.0 software enables automatic shutdown of UPS- protected devices
Eaton customer service and support
- Two-year warranty, including batteries
- Standard exchange of product in case of failure, including batteries
- Extended warranty contracts available to provide up to five years of warranty coverage
- Battery replacement program
- UPSgrade™ program for substitution of an old UPS (vendor neutral)
Communications software and connectivity
- Power management suite (included) comes with network-based shutdown software (Windows, Linux, MacOS, VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V) and local or remote supervision up to five nodes
- Network Management Card (NMC) connects the UPS to an Ethernet 10/100 network, raising SNMP or XML alarms and supervising the UPS using a simple browser interface
- NMC environment sensor monitors the temperature, humidity and two relay contacts via SNMP or HTML
- Enterprise Power Manager supervisor provides comprehensive management of multiple UPSs and PDUs using a Windows PC (vendor neutral)
- NMS integration kits include HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli Netview, CA Unicenter, etc.
- Management card contacts/serial provide UPS status outputs via relay contacts, emergency stop and a second serial port
- NMC ModBus/JBus card combines SNMP, HTML and ModBus/ JBus supervision
- UPS control remote
Intelligent Power Software Suite:
- Intelligent Power Manager: software for extensive monitoring and management
- Intelligent Power Protector: shutdown software for extended power outages
Use each software independently or as a powerful combination. Together with your UPS, they provide end-to-end power management for maximum uptime and data integrity.
Intelligent Power Software Suite
Eaton's Intelligent Power® Software Suite incorporates two important applications for ensuring quality power and uptime: remote monitoring and management of power devices across the network and automatic, graceful shutdown when faced with an extended power outage.
Intelligent Power Manager supervisory software lets you monitor and manage multiple power and environmental devices across the network from a single interface, giving you up-to-the-minute information on the status of power in your network. It also works seamlessly with VMware's vCenter Server™ and vMotion™ as well as other platforms and migration applications.
Intelligent Power Protector protection software provides graceful, automatic shutdown of network devices during a prolonged power disruption, preventing data loss and saving work-in-progress. As part of Eaton's power network management system, these two applications work together to deliver comprehensive power management and protection. Both software programs are compatible with virtualization platforms from VMware®, Microsoft®, Red Hat® and Xen®.
Benefits for virtualized environments
Intelligent Power Manager's integration with platforms like vCenter and XenCenter™ helps data center managers reduce infrastructure and operating costs while increasing uptime, productivity and operational responsiveness.
- View critical power information on devices including UPSs, ePDUs and environmental sensors from the vCenter or XenCenter dashboard
- Instantly access critical information, such as UPS battery condition, load levels and battery runtime
- Remotely and gracefully shut down servers in clusters during an extended power outage
- Trigger vMotion, XenMotion™ and other migration applications to transparently move virtual machines to an available server on the network
- Monitor power usage and kWh to help you calculate your power usage effectiveness (PUE) and identify where to cut costs
Intelligent Power Manager
When it comes to managing power on your network, one missed anomaly or malfunctioning power device brings everything to a halt. Keeping an eye on the status of power devices across the network, and intervening before a blip cascades into a catastrophe, is a top priority.
Eaton's Intelligent Power Manager brings managing a wide range of power and environmental devices under control through a single, Web-based interface. This versatile software solution is compatible with network-enabled power devices, including Eaton UPSs, non-Eaton UPSs, environmental sensors and ePDUs. In addition, Intelligent Power Manager is the first power management software to not only integrate with VMware's vCenter, letting you manage power to your virtualized environment through the vCenter dashboard, but also to enable the remote shutdown of servers in clusters. Intelligent Power Manager even integrates with several virtualization platforms allowing ease of management and live migration, which will transparently move virtual machines from a server affected by a power interruption to a non-affected server on the network, maintaining data integrity with no downtime.Features
- Monitor and manage multiple power and environmental devices from any Internet browser or your virtual machine management dashboard
- User-definable tree structure enables grouping, access and management of multiple devices across multiple locations
- Power consumption monitoring helps you track ways to improve both energy efficiency and PUE
- Auto discovery provides fast installation by automatically detecting devices on the network
- Mass-upgrading of firmware capability reduces network management card setup and maintenance time
- Power device asset management tracks moves, adds and changes of equipment
- SNMP devices are visible and their individual Web interfaces are accessible for editing and configuration
- Multiple password-protected access levels and support for secure communications
- All the functionality of an enterprise-class monitoring solution for free or at a fraction of the cost
Intelligent Power Protector
Most UPS applications are designed to protect your network devices from power anomalies, including surges, sags and frequency variations. But when the power goes out for longer than your available battery runtime, Intelligent Power Protector software facilitates automatic, graceful shutdown of computers, servers and network devices powered by a UPS, saving all work-in-progress and ensuring data integrity.
Intelligent Power Protector's versatile user interface shows you detailed information about connected servers and UPSs through USB and serial or network communication. The software has a clear, easy-to-use, multilingual interface available on any PC with a Web browser.
- Helps you avoid data loss by gracefully shutting down computers and virtual machines/servers powered by an Eaton UPS during an extended power outage
- Watchdog capability keeps kiosks with a PC or server running smoothly by automatically identifying hang-ups and rebooting the machine
- Provides redundancy capability for dual-cord servers
- Easy-to-use interface from any PC with a Web browser
- Acquires UPS information through local or network communication and can be easily deployed on many computers
- Can be remotely managed, configured and updated with Eaton's Intelligent Power Manager
- Can communicate with the protected device directly (via USB) or through the network (via Web/SNMP card)
- Multilingual LCD
- Six languages
- Displays measurements
- Displays alarms
- Access to control and set-up menus
- Panel for replacing batteries without interrupting the output
- (1) USB port, (1) serial port, remote On/Off and emergency stop contacts
- EXB battery module connector
- Automatic detection of EXB battery modules
- (6) NEMA 5-20R receptacles, including (2) switched outlets and (1) locking NEMA receptacle
- Communications card slot
- Mountings for HotSwap MBP and FlexPDU
|Power Rating||700-1500 VA|
|Eaton EX, NEMA 50/60 Hz Models: 120V|
|Part Number||Power Rating(VA/Watts)||Input Plug||Output Receptacles|
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Extended Battery Module (EBM) for 120V Eaton EX 1000/1500VA Tower UPSs
Our Price: $451.57
Provides continuous, reliable and accurate remote monitoring of UPS system
Our Price: $261.60
Provides real time monitoring and control across UPSs in your network
Our Price: $226.78
Enables automatic shutdown and network monitoring of a UPS system
Our Price: $83.11
This FlexPDU provides twelve additional 5-15R output receptacles for the UPS. It is equipped with a 5-15P that plugs into the UPS
Our Price: $83.49
The HotSwap Maintenance Bypass allows you to exchange or service the UPS without shutting down the connected load.
Our Price: $189.97
ePDU, 0U, Basic, input 5-15P, input 5-15P
Our Price: $97.57
ePDU, 1U, Monitored Ethernet, input 5-15P, output (12) 5-15R
Our Price: $338.33
ePDU, 0U, Switched, input 5-15P, output (16) 5-15R
Our Price: $945.68