Eaton 9170+ UPS
Uninterruptible Power Supply
- N+X redundancy for both power and logic eliminates systemlevel single point-of-failure
- Easily scalable to adapt to changing IT environments by simply adding power and/or battery modules
- True double-conversion design
- ABM® technology significantly increases battery service life
- Universal components fit in any order without affecting UPS operation
- Provides protection against all nine power problems
- Complete offering of power management software included to ensure data integrity
- Provides investment protection with a two-year limited warranty and a $250,000 load protection guarantee (U.S. and Canada)
The Eaton® 9170+ UPS is uniquely designed to meet the ever-changing needs of customers with applications such as data centers, networks and call centers. Built for a global audience, the 9170+ is a scalable, modular, flexible solution that combines the highest level of reliability with the lowest cost of ownership in the 3–18 kVA range.
The 9170+ enables customers to build a power solution specific to their needs, with an expandable level of redundancy and increases runtimes through plug-and-play 3 kVA UPS and battery modules. The 9170+ can be configured to fit three-, six-, nine- or twelve-slot enclosures, and is available for tower and rackmount applications.
The 9170+ also features a Power Saver mode, a user-selectable feature that increases unit efficiency from 88% in normal operating mode to 97%. With its low initial investment, double-conversion technology, ABM battery management system and highefficiency Power Saver mode, you never have to compromise reliability for efficiency.
Unique to the 9170+ is its global deployment capability. By using a high-frequency design, housing both logic and power in the power module, and offering a single-cabinet design, distributors and purchasing departments around the world have fewer system components to contend with, regardless of where the system is deployed.
Technical spotlight: Network level N+X redundancy
As business moves from a "bricks and mortar" model to "clicks and mortar," the need for system availability at all levels of enterprise is rising exponentially. From servers to routers to telecommunication installations, the interdependence of the technological components of the wired world can make systems vulnerable to downtime. Many precautions and preventive measures are taken when designing the network, including power protection.
In this shifting world, however, it's becoming more evident that simple power protection isn't enough. A new level of reliability is needed, one with redundancy, and thereby system availability. Today users can opt for an even greater degree of redundancy, with N+1, N+2, N+3, etc. However, this level of redundancy can quickly become cost prohibitive if the user is creating redundant systems with a single-module UPS. The 9170+ overcomes this potential obstacle with its modular design. Redundancy comes from the 3 kVA power modules plugged into the system. For example, if you have a 9 kVA solution, and are looking for N+2 redundancy, you only need a 15 kVA UPS (five power modules) with the 9170+, instead of 18 kVA. That's because the five UPS modules run in parallel within the system, giving you N+2 redundancy, without the additional cost and space requirements.
The 9170+ eliminates a system-level single point-of-failure. Because both the logic and power are housed in the module and not in the enclosure, there is a redundancy for the entire UPS. This is a critical distinction when looking for multiple levels of redundancy in the UPS, as there is inherent vulnerability in a UPS that limits redundancy in any part of the system.
With a variety cabinet sizes and a user-friendly design you can configure the scalable and redundant 9170+ with 3 kVA power modules and battery modules to grow with your requirements.
- The lowest overall cost of ownership is a direct result of the low initial investment, higher operating efficiencies and programmable high efficiency
- A UPS solution that is as easy to install and operate as a PC— universal components fit in any order in any slot without affecting the operation of the system or its protection of the critical load
- Featuring user-friendly LCD and two internal communication slots, which accept a wide variety of connectivity devices and the new ConnectUPS Web/ SNMP card
- Lightweight, highperformance power and battery modules weigh under 30 pounds for easy service and hot-swapping
- N+X power and logic redundancy eliminates single point-of-failure, providing highest reliability and availability
- Redundant modularity virtually eliminates downtime and enhances serviceability
- ABM technology significantly increases battery service life
- Double-conversion online technology is universally recognized as providing the highest availability in an internet-centric global marketplace
- Provides protection against all nine common power problems
Maximum service plans
- Eaton Gold Plan Plus: Enhance and extend your standard UPS warranty with added assurance of knowing your UPS is installed and operating properly from the start
- Comprehensive coverage for the entire UPS
- On-site startup by authorized Eaton product representative
- Replacement UPS or module delivered to your location
- Original UPS or module picked up from your location
- Modular design delivers scalable, flexible solutions to constantly changing equipment requirements
- Easily expanded by installing additional power, charger or battery modules to support additional critical applications and devices
- Internal options: line cord, receptacles, communications
- External options: rackmount kit, casters (standard on 9- and 12-slot enclosures), extended runtime battery cabinets (housing up to 8 hours of additional runtime), wall-mounted maintenance bypass cabinets
Adding yet another level of flexibility to the unique design of the 9170+ is the ability to configure it into a rackmount solution. Imagine all the standard benefits of the 9170+ installed in a standard 19-inch computer rack with return brackets.
Intelligent Power Software Suite:
- Intelligent Power Manager: software for extensive monitoring and management
- Intelligent Power Protector: shutdown software for extended power outages
Use each software independently or as a powerful combination. Together with your UPS, they provide end-to-end power management for maximum uptime and data integrity.
Intelligent Power Software Suite
Eaton's Intelligent Power® Software Suite incorporates two important applications for ensuring quality power and uptime: remote monitoring and management of power devices across the network and automatic, graceful shutdown when faced with an extended power outage.
Intelligent Power Manager supervisory software lets you monitor and manage multiple power and environmental devices across the network from a single interface, giving you up-to-the-minute information on the status of power in your network. It also works seamlessly with VMware's vCenter Server™ and vMotion™ as well as other platforms and migration applications.
Intelligent Power Protector protection software provides graceful, automatic shutdown of network devices during a prolonged power disruption, preventing data loss and saving work-in-progress. As part of Eaton's power network management system, these two applications work together to deliver comprehensive power management and protection. Both software programs are compatible with virtualization platforms from VMware®, Microsoft®, Red Hat® and Xen®.
Benefits for virtualized environments
Intelligent Power Manager's integration with platforms like vCenter and XenCenter™ helps data center managers reduce infrastructure and operating costs while increasing uptime, productivity and operational responsiveness.
- View critical power information on devices including UPSs, ePDUs and environmental sensors from the vCenter or XenCenter dashboard
- Instantly access critical information, such as UPS battery condition, load levels and battery runtime
- Remotely and gracefully shut down servers in clusters during an extended power outage
- Trigger vMotion, XenMotion™ and other migration applications to transparently move virtual machines to an available server on the network
- Monitor power usage and kWh to help you calculate your power usage effectiveness (PUE) and identify where to cut costs
Intelligent Power Manager
When it comes to managing power on your network, one missed anomaly or malfunctioning power device brings everything to a halt. Keeping an eye on the status of power devices across the network, and intervening before a blip cascades into a catastrophe, is a top priority.
Eaton's Intelligent Power Manager brings managing a wide range of power and environmental devices under control through a single, Web-based interface. This versatile software solution is compatible with network-enabled power devices, including Eaton UPSs, non-Eaton UPSs, environmental sensors and ePDUs. In addition, Intelligent Power Manager is the first power management software to not only integrate with VMware's vCenter, letting you manage power to your virtualized environment through the vCenter dashboard, but also to enable the remote shutdown of servers in clusters. Intelligent Power Manager even integrates with several virtualization platforms allowing ease of management and live migration, which will transparently move virtual machines from a server affected by a power interruption to a non-affected server on the network, maintaining data integrity with no downtime.Features
- Monitor and manage multiple power and environmental devices from any Internet browser or your virtual machine management dashboard
- User-definable tree structure enables grouping, access and management of multiple devices across multiple locations
- Power consumption monitoring helps you track ways to improve both energy efficiency and PUE
- Auto discovery provides fast installation by automatically detecting devices on the network
- Mass-upgrading of firmware capability reduces network management card setup and maintenance time
- Power device asset management tracks moves, adds and changes of equipment
- SNMP devices are visible and their individual Web interfaces are accessible for editing and configuration
- Multiple password-protected access levels and support for secure communications
- All the functionality of an enterprise-class monitoring solution for free or at a fraction of the cost
Intelligent Power Protector
Most UPS applications are designed to protect your network devices from power anomalies, including surges, sags and frequency variations. But when the power goes out for longer than your available battery runtime, Intelligent Power Protector software facilitates automatic, graceful shutdown of computers, servers and network devices powered by a UPS, saving all work-in-progress and ensuring data integrity.
Intelligent Power Protector's versatile user interface shows you detailed information about connected servers and UPSs through USB and serial or network communication. The software has a clear, easy-to-use, multilingual interface available on any PC with a Web browser.
- Helps you avoid data loss by gracefully shutting down computers and virtual machines/servers powered by an Eaton UPS during an extended power outage
- Watchdog capability keeps kiosks with a PC or server running smoothly by automatically identifying hang-ups and rebooting the machine
- Provides redundancy capability for dual-cord servers
- Easy-to-use interface from any PC with a Web browser
- Acquires UPS information through local or network communication and can be easily deployed on many computers
- Can be remotely managed, configured and updated with Eaton's Intelligent Power Manager
- Can communicate with the protected device directly (via USB) or through the network (via Web/SNMP card)
|Power Rating||3-18 kVA|