Eaton 9155 Marine UPS
Double Conversion UPS for Marine and Offshore
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
More pricing below, click here!
Advanced vessel or rig power protection for:
- Navigation systems
- Communication systems
- Ship automation
- Computer systems
- Integrated bridge
The Eaton 9155 Marine UPS is DNV-GL type approved, BV type approved, and ABS design assessed (up to 15 kVA). With its compact design and internal batteries, the Eaton 9155 Marine UPS is ideally suited to applications requiring high power density and a small footprint.
- Topology: Online
- Power Rating: 8 – 30 kVA
- Type Approvals: DNV-GL and BV (up to 15 kVA)
The compact design of Eaton 9155 Marine UPS, with internal batteries, saves valuable space in ship and rig installations. The Eaton 9155 Marine UPS (up to 15 kVA) is DNV-GL type approved, BV type approved, ABS design assessed and is easy to install and maintain.
Eaton 9155 Marine is a tested and proven UPS product for shipping environments. It has the industry’s highest availability and reliability, which is achieved with HotSync paralleling technology that enables paralleling of up to four Eaton 9155 Marine UPSs for additional capacity or redundancy. Reliable backup is further enhanced with Advanced Battery Management (ABM) and by using Eaton’s innovative three-stage battery charging system, which significantly extends battery lifetime.
Cost Savings and Sustainability
Innovative technology and design make Eaton 9155 Marine UPS a truly sustainable solution, with high system efficiency and power density. By using sustainable materials and highly-efficient manufacturing technology, the UPS provides dramatic savings in its carbon footprint, compared to competitor UPS systems. What’s more, the possibility for an internal transformer or batteries eliminates the need for costly and space-consuming external cabinets and cabling.
Qualifed design for marine and offshore environment
- Compact design for saving space
- Easy to install, mounting rails can be bolted or welded to the deck/bulk head
- IP22 protection class
- Vibration absorbers under and at the back of the cabinet
- Maintenance from the front
Premium power performance
- Double conversion provides the highest level of protection available by isolating the output power from all input anomalies.
- Active power factor correction (PFC) provides 0,99 input power factor and less than 4,5% ITHD, thus eliminating interference with other critical equipment in the same network and enhancing compatibility with generators.
- The UPS is optimized for protecting modern 0,9 p.f. rated IT equipment without the need to oversize.
- Patented Powerware HotSync technology makes possible to parallel up to four UPSs to increase availability or add capacity. The technology enables load sharing without any communication line, thus eliminating single point of failure.
- ABM technology charges batteries only when necessary, preventing batteries corrosion and prolonging batteries service life by up to 50%.
- Internal automatic static bypass switch
- Internal mechanical bypass switch
- Configurable to frequency converter operation (50 Ô 60Hz and 60 Ô 50Hz)
- A multilingual graphical LCD display makes possible to monitor the UPS status easily.
- Wide software and connectivity options provide monitoring, management and shutdown capabilities over network
- Internal space for 1 - 2 optional input/output transformers
Cost savings and sustainability
- Compact space efficient tower design offers smaller footprint enabling easy data centre space-planning and preserving valuable raised-floor real estate.
- Possibility for internal transformer eliminate the need for costly and space-consuming external cabinets.
- A single technical platform used in Eaton´s UPS products guarantee easy upgrades and similarity in service, thus lowering total cost of ownership.
- A range of service agreement options can be easily customized for customers’ needs and budget.
- Eaton uses sustainable materials and highly efficient manufacturing technology, thus generating dramatic savings in carbon footprint as compared to competitive UPS systems.
|Eaton 9155 Marine UPS 8 – 30 kVA|
|Power rating||8 – 30 kVA|
|Voltage||220 – 230 – 240 V|
|Eaton 9155 Marine UPS 20 - 40 kVA Specifications|
|UPS output power rating (0,9 p.f.)|
|kVA||20, 30, 40|
|kW||18, 27, 36|
|Efficiency in double conversion mode (full load)||93% (without transformer)|
|Efficiency in double conversion mode (half load)||91% (without transformer)|
|Distributed parallelling with Hot Sync technology||4|
|Inverter/rectifier topology||Transformer-free IGBT with PWM|
|Audible noise||<50 dB|
|Nominal voltage rating (configurable)||380, 400, 415 V 50/60 Hz|
|With external transformer||e.g. 230, 440, 480, 690 V|
|Input voltage range||Low -20% at 100% load/-50% at 50% load without battery discharge; High +10%/max +20%|
|Input frequency range||45-65 Hz|
|Input power factor||0,99|
|Input ITHD||less than 4,5%|
|Soft start capability||Yes|
|Internal backfeed protection||Yes|
|Nominal voltage rating (configurable)||220/380, 230/400, 240/415 V 50/60 Hz|
|With transformer||e.g. 230, 440, 480, 690 V|
|Output UTHD||<3% (100% linear load); <5% (reference non linear load)|
|Output power factor||0,9 (e.g. 27 kW at 30 kVA)|
|Permitted load power factor||0,7 lagging - 0,8 leading|
|Type||VRLA, Li-Ion, NiCd, Eaton Super Capacitors|
|Charging method||432 V - 480 V|
|Temperature compensation||29.3 A, 58.6 A, 87.9 A, 117.2 A depending on model|
|Battery nominal voltage (lead-acid)||432 V (36x12 V, 216 cells)|
|Charging current / Model||Default 3 A *Max 60 A|
|X-Slot||2 communication bays|
|Serial ports||1 available|
|Relay inputs/outputs||2/1 programmable|
|Accessories||Isolation transformer, long-life batteries, external battery cabinets, X-Slot connectivity (Web/SNMP, ModBus/Jbus, Relay, Hot Sync, ViewUPS-X remote display), Hot Sync parallel tie cabinet, integrated manual bypass, external maintenance bypass switch|
|Compliance with Standards|
|Classification survey report||On request|
|Dimensions and weights (mm/inches)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||9155-20-NT-M (20 kVA / 18 kW): 1745x575x762 (+200) mm
9155-30-NT-M (30 kVA / 27 kW): 1745x575x762 (+200) mm
|Weight||9155-20-NT-M (20 kVA / 18 kW): 450 kg with input transformer
9155-30-NT-M (30 kVA / 27 kW): 450 kg with input transformer
*May be limited by maximum UPS input current rating
Download the Eaton 9155 and 9355 Marine UPS Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.