Eaton 9355 UPS
Uninterruptible Power Supply
Agility, scalability and space efficiency – with greater standard runtime
The Eaton® 9355 is a mid-size, three-phase uninterruptible power system (UPS) that delivers superior power protection for the ever-expanding loads in today's space-constrained data centers.
The double-conversion topology of the 9355 means that it protects IT infrastructure from all of the most common power problems to give data center managers greater peace of mind. The 9355 also offers an industry-leading combination of flexibility, scalability and power density—all in an innovative, high-efficiency package.
The 9355's sleek, end-of-row tower design is available in 10 kVA and 20 kVA configurations, upgradeable to 15 kVA and 30 kVA, respectively, and offers the smallest footprint of any comparable UPS. Standard internal batteries often eliminate the need for costly and space-consuming external battery cabinets.
An on-board power distribution module gives data center managers additional flexibility by helping to preserve valuable rack space and making the rackbased environment truly plug and play. This module can be configured for hardwired output or with a variety of output receptacles, reducing site preparation and installation expenses.
Up to four 9355 UPSs can be paralleled for either redundancy or extra capacity using Eaton's patented Powerware® Hot Sync® paralleling technology. Powerware Hot Sync also enables wireless paralleling in the event of a communications failure, providing the industry's only truly redundant paralleling solution.
The 9355's space-efficient design and outstanding performance and reliability make it perfect for corporate, telecom, healthcare, banking, industrial and retail applications. Combined with Eaton's world-class warranty and service plans, expert technical support, and broad selection of options—and backed by 40 years of R&D excellence—the 9355 is the ideal power protection solution for small data centers.
- Compact tower form factor offers up to 75 percent smaller footprint and 13 percent more power capacity than comparable UPSs for industry-leading power density
- All-in-one design with internal batteries and integrated power distribution module with maintenance bypass switch delivers a complete power protection solution in one box for simplified installation
- Double-conversion topology provides complete power protection, isolating valuable IT equipment from all nine of the most common power problems
- High 0.9 output power factor for more real power in less space
- Internal batteries on all standard configurations support up to 350 percent more runtime than comparable UPSs
- Scalable 10 kVA and 20 kVA configurations can be upgraded to provide 50 percent more power without additional hardware
- On-board, plug-and-play power distribution module allows for hardwired output or 15 different output receptacle options, enhancing flexibility and reducing installation costs
- Patented Powerware Hot Sync paralleling technology enables paralleling of up to four 9355 UPSs for additional capacity or redundancy
- Microprocessor-controlled ABM technology with innovative three-stage charging technique extends the useful life of UPS batteries and optimizes battery recharge time
- Power management software suite includes applications for remote UPS monitoring, management and shutdown to help ensure system and data integrity
Premium power protection
With the 9355 UPS, data center managers can safely eliminate the effects of electrical line disturbances and guard the integrity of their systems and equipment. The 9355 is a true double-conversion, three-phase system that can be used to prevent loss of valuable electronic information and minimize equipment downtime.
- The 9355 continually monitors incoming electrical power and removes the surges, spikes, sags, and other irregularities that are inherent in commercial utility power
- Working with a building's electrical system, the 9355 supplies the clean, consistent power required by sensitive electronic equipment for reliable operation
- During brownouts, blackouts, and other power interruptions, internal batteries provide emergency power to safeguard operation
The 9355 constantly monitors its own operation —such as voltage, temperature and function of internal components—and sends an alarm or takes action if it detects a potential problem.
If it senses a problem, the 9355 instantly transfers the power path to a bypass source with zero interruption in power. When the alarm condition passes, the 9355 automatically reverts from bypass to normal power. The 9355 UPS features a four-button graphical LCD that provides useful information such as load status, events, measurements and settings.
Advanced battery management
The 9355 UPS offers innovative technologies to maximize the health and service life of its internal and external batteries:
- ABM technology uses a unique three-stage charging technique that significantly extends battery service life and optimizes recharge time when compared to traditional trickle charging
- Temperature-compensated charging monitors battery temperature and adjusts the charge rate accordingly, which properly charges the battery and greatly extends battery life
- An integrated battery management system tests and monitors battery health and remaining lifetime, providing user notification to guide preventive maintenance
Eaton's UPS batteries are field replaceable. One person, working alone, can easily replace a battery without disrupting data center operations or power to protected equipment.
Green power performance
The 9355 delivers a robust combination of low input current distortion and high power factor for maximum efficiency. Operating at greater than 90 percent efficiency across all load ranges, the 9355 helps to reduce utility costs, extend battery runtimes and produce cooler operating conditions. In addition, Eaton's use of sustainable materials and highly efficient manufacturing technology results in dramatic savings in carbon footprint as compared to competitive UPS products.
Maximum runtime, minimum footprint
The 9355 UPS provides industry-leading power density and a 75 percent footprint reduction versus comparable UPS solutions. All standard 9355 configurations incorporate internal batteries to provide up to 350 percent more runtime and offer 13 percent more capacity at equivalent VA ratings. Extended runtime allows the 9355 to power this extra capacity nearly four times longer without additional hardware, eliminating the need for costly and space-consuming external battery cabinets. Standard 10 kVA and 20 kVA capacity models can also be upgraded to 15 kVA and 30 kVA, respectively, providing 50 percent more power with no additional hardware and no increase in footprint.
The 9355's small footprint requires only three to six square feet of floor space, enabling easy data center spaceplanning and preserving valuable raised-floor real estate.
Industry-leading scalability and redundancy
Today's critical applications require redundancy for ultimate reliability—and the 9355 delivers. Eaton's innovative Hot Sync technology and optional maintenance bypass parallel tie cabinet work together with the 9355 to provide an advanced, cost-effective UPS paralleling system.
The patented Hot Sync technology enables system load sharing, allowing any UPS module in the system to serve as a backup for any other module. Hot Sync's wireless paralleling capability also ensures system stability in the event of a communications failure.
Using a wall-mounted maintenance bypass parallel tie cabinet, data center managers can easily parallel up to four 9355 UPSs for either redundancy or capacity. UPSs can be quickly added to the pre-installed parallel tie cabinet and brought online in minutes, and individual UPSs can be isolated and swapped out for maintenance—significantly reducing installation and maintenance expenses.
Most other paralleling systems on the market use a top-down configuration in which the master fails when any subsidiary module fails. With Eaton's unique approach, each UPS is independent, yet synchronized with the others to prevent any single point of failure and help eliminate costly downtime.
Additional paralleling benefits include:
- Scalability, from 10 to 120 kVA using one parallel tie cabinet
- N+3, N+2 or N+1 redundancy, from 10 to 90 kVA in a compact footprint—often in a smaller footprint than a single large UPS
- Redundant battery systems, with each parallel UPS containing its own internal batteries
Flexible, integrated power distribution
An on-board power distribution module (PDM) gives the 9355 the flexibility necessary to adapt to the diverse and continually changing data center environment. This integrated PDM allows data center managers to preserve valuable rack space and reduce heat by feeding nine to 100 kW of rack servers from one 9355 UPS.
The PDM can be configured to feature a user-selectable mix of NEMA and IEC output receptacles, helping to reduce site preparation and installation costs. These high-density, high-amperage receptacles support blade servers, network switches and other power-hungry IT equipment.
The PDM's circuits are clearly labeled to simplify load balancing while branch circuit breakers provide branch circuit protection and on/off operation for groups of receptacles. Other features include a maintenance bypass switch that allows the data center manager to service the 9355 without shutting down the connected loads to increase availability, reduce mean time to repair and maintenance costs, and lower total cost of ownership.
Simplified rack-based power distribution options
The 9355's on-board power distribution module is compatible with Eaton's optional rack power modules (RPM) and enclosure power distribution units, providing maximum flexibility in distributing power throughout the facility or data center. The RPM and ePDU enable primary power distribution from the 9355 to secondary power distribution devices or directly to IT equipment, for organized power distribution with fewer cables to manage and fewer distribution points to monitor.
Both solutions deliver power to loads of various voltages and can be configured to include user-selectable combinations of NEMA, IEC and hardwired inputs, and NEMA and IEC output receptacles.
ePDUs are available in space-saving 0U-vertical and 1U-horizontal configurations making the ePDU ideal for high-density rack environments.
ePDUs allow users to meter, monitor, switch, sequence and manage branches or individual outlets.
|Power Rating||10-30 kVA|
|Voltage||208/220/400/480/600 Vac three phase|